Pages

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Stardome Trip!

Walt include a variety of sentence types in our writing

On Thursday September the 14th half of room 8 and 7 went to Stardome at One Tree Hill. We went to Stardome to learn more about space because our theme for Term 3 is Guardians of the Galaxy.  Have you ever been to Stardome before?

When we arrived at CornWall Park Mr Goodwin gave us 20 minutes to play on the park. It was fun and had a mini train. Everyone was playing on everything. I just tried to have lots of fun and tried to get on everything but unfortunately I couldn't. I went on this slide that I wish was longer but I still had lots of fun.

After our little fun we went entered Stardome. We had to go in this little room where this man talks to us about the 8 planets in the Solar System.  The man that was taking us taught us about Gas Giants. The Gas Giants planets are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune. Those 4 planets have only Gas it the planet and no rocks at all so it is not possible to stand on. We had a quiz and my group of girls got the answers right and fast.   

On our way to the next room I saw laid down chairs that looked comfy as. I was so excited to watch the little clip. After the movie clip I went straight to sleep while the man was showing space and the stars. I wanted to look but I was too tired and kept sleeping.

I learnt about Gas Giants and Other planets. I had fun and I would like to go to Stardome again it is cool and I learnt lot’s. Next time I go I will be excited to watch a new movie clip again then go to sleep, just like I did on Thursday.

Task Description: This is my recount about our trip to Stardome. Before we wrote our recount we thought of some vocabulary for our story to make it interesting. After that we wrote our story and went hard, then we check our punctuation and make sure that it made sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment